Can you imagine getting a delicious dish with only two ingredients? What if, in addition, these ingredients are easy to obtain and do not contain gluten? So, do not miss the recipes of gluten-free banana cakes that we propose.
You will suck your fingers!
Gluten-free banana cakes
The hotcakes or pancakes are delicious, we know that. However, many people with gluten intolerance prefer to avoid them, as well as those who do not consume dairy products. This is because, generally, the hotcakes include among its ingredients flour and milk.
However, in this case, the recipe that we propose is composed of only 2 ingredients: eggs and banana. Therefore, it is suitable for everyone.
There has always been a popular belief that the egg contains too much cholesterol and, therefore, is not a portion of healthy food. However, to this day we know that this is not the case, but quite the opposite.
The egg is one of the most beneficial products that we can consume. In fact, the consumption of up to two eggs a day is perfectly recommended and poses absolutely no risk to health.
Among the benefits of egg consumption, we can highlight:
- It is a source of essential nutrients. While an egg only provides 80 calories, it contains proteins, iron, and zinc, especially in the yolk. Likewise, it is rich in omega 3 fatty acids and vitamins.
- In addition, the yolk is also rich in antioxidants such as lutein and zeaxanthin. In this way, it helps in the prevention of eye problems.
- It is source choline, an amino acid essential for the nervous system. In fact, it stimulates brain development and function. That is why it is related to memory and helps us to be alert.
- Promotes heart health
- The fats that the eggs provide are healthy fats. In this sense, they are not related to high blood cholesterol problems.
- Vitamin D and calcium help strengthen bones.
Bananas are one of the most consumed fruits in the whole world. However, because of its contribution to calories and sugars, it is another of those foods that many people try to avoid.
Fortunately, to this day, we can assure that the banana is a highly nutritious food. Indeed, among its benefits we can highlight:
- They are a great source of potassium and pectin, a type of fiber that supports digestive functions.
- They also provide magnesium and vitamins C and B6, which strengthen the immune system and improve health.
- Also, thanks to potassium, promote heart health by helping to lower blood pressure.
- It is related to the prevention of some types of cancer.
For all these reasons, gluten-free banana cakes with only these two foods is an ideal and delicious way to include them in the diet. In addition, they are ideal for breakfast. Thus, you can start the day recharging your body of nutrients and energy.
Gluten-free banana hotcakes recipe
- 2 eggs (preferably organic)
- 1 banana
- If you want your hotcakes to be more fluffy, you can use 1/8 teaspoon of baking powder.
- Salt is also optional.
- To add a little more flavor, you can also use 1/4 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- On the other hand, if you want your hotcakes to be even more nutritious, you can add a spoonful of natural honey.
- First, crush the banana. You should have a cream without lumps.
- Then, if you are going to add any of the additional ingredients, now is the time. Add them to the cream of the banana and stir well.
- Subsequently, beat the eggs very well.
- Then, mix the cream of the banana with the beaten eggs and keep stirring. You must stay well mixed, without lumps.
- Then, heat a frying pan (optionally with a little organic butter) and pour a spoonful of your mixture. You should have a fine hot cake.
- Since these hot cakes do not include flour, they are going to be more liquid than traditional pancakes. For this reason, we know that it will not be easy to turn them over in the pan when they begin to brown. For this, we insist that you put a small amount in the pan.
- Finally, when they have browned on both sides and have the right texture, enjoy!
You can enrich your hot cakes of gluten-free banana flavor and nutrients adding pieces of fruits such as strawberries, raspberries or blueberries. Indeed, they are ideal in this combination of eggs and banana.
Also, do not forget to enjoy them with syrup on top. In this sense, honey is ideal. However, you can also choose the jam.